Fighting with the HTML

The old blogger was way more fun for customizing. Yesterday, I picked this theme from the options available just so that the blog wouldn't look so nasty on modern devices. So far so good, except I don't love how the home page of this theme is only previews of each post, and that, for reasons I will never understand, the previews ignore any formatting (like paragraph breaks or font differences) which... just... why tho??

So I'm back today to try to fix it, and I'm fighting with the HTML (which is a nightmare on it's own because it won't work properly with Chrome's Find tool... again, why??) to get it to show the whole post on the home page instead of just previews, and so far I've gotten it to work... but only with posts that aren't the most recent one?? 

And yes, this post has been at test to see if a new post will make that quirk just fix itself.


Edit: It did not. Back to the HTML I go.. pray for me :P

Edit2: I figured out how to search the code! Hallelujer!

Edit3: I saw this time that it was treating the most recent post as a Featured Post and I was able to turn that off in the layout menu. I also switched themes to have a menu/sidebar option. I'm not going to worry about the READ MORE button at the moment, because apparently this theme doesn't work with page breaks, and that's the only way to open up any posts that may have them.

And with that (plus a whole bunch of other things I did :P) I think it's time to call it a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So... How've you been?

Letters to Anxiety

Too Many Things.